Poly Problems

In polyamourous realtionships, the partners of your partner (that you aren't romantically involved with) are referred to as metamours. Also, in polyamorous relationships feelings of jealousy or envy often cause hiccups.

So it feels odd to complain about a metamour. If someone complained to me about their's, my knee jerk reaction would be that they're jealous of their partner's other relationship or feeling insecure about their own relationship with that partner.

But, guys, I don't like one of my metamours! I do occasionally feel jealous of or envious of this person's relationship with my partner but the root of my dislike for them is due to their behavior toward our shared partner. There is a lot of dishonesty and untrustworthy behavior in that relationship and I detest both of those things in any relationship. But since I care about my partner, it bothers me more that this person is causing pain through a lack of honesty.

I try really hard to not comment on any situations between my partner and their partners as it's not really my business. But it's very hard to stay out of it when I see someone I care about in pain. And it's very hard not to dislike the one routinely causing that pain. I don't think it's good for our relationship if I'm ranting and raving about my partner's other partners though, so I try to keep my mouth shut.

I'll vent to you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Submission

Control

Not Micromanaging My Pleasure