F is for Fido

F is for Fido

I'm cheating a little and sneaking pet play under F. I don't want to wait that long to talk about it and I plan to use P for polyamory. So pet play. . . 

First and most importantly I need to stress that pet play (puppy play, kitten play, pony play, and other pet play) has nothing to do with actual animals. Well, other than acting like one. No actual animals are involved in anything sexual. There is no bestiality.

I'm going to focus on puppy play because that's what I'm most interested in and experienced with but if you want to learn about some other forms of pet play you should check out:


I'm not going to go into the history of people emulating animals for spiritual reasons since the beginning of time or the history of puppy play specifically beginning in gay leather culture. I want to focus on what puppy play is to me and why I'm drawn to it.

I enjoy puppy play because it gives me another outlet for my more nurturing dominant side. I've got this helpless puppy who needs to be fed and walked. Who needs someone to play fetch with and make sure he's not getting anything he shouldn't be. Who lives for pets and cuddles. Who wears a jingly tag on his collar. 

Engaging in puppy play is a way for both of us to relieve stress and forget about the anxiety of our day. I do that by putting all my focus on taking care of and play with this adorable puppy. He does it by dropping into a headspace where he doesn't have to think about what he should be saying or doing. All he has to worry about is when he's going to get his next treat!

I also feel that Schatzi, in particular, has a very puppyish energy to him. He bounds up steps, he's always ready for affection, he tilts his head to the side when he's unsure about something. He even whimpers, whines, and huffs at me when he doesn't get something he wants and wags his butt when he's happy. I don't think he's fully aware of how often he acts puppyish even when he's in full-on human mode.

Some puppies wear gear to help them move into their puppy mindset. While floppy ears and waggy tails are cute as hell they're not necessary for me to see someone as a puppy. It's all about the youthful, playful, affectionate, clumsy, cute and amusing energy. I love it and I love my puppy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Submission

Control

Not Micromanaging My Pleasure